Anemometers Airflow Meters
This is an instrument to measure speed, airflow or the velocity of gases either in a contained flow, such as airflow in a duct, or in unconfined flows, such as atmospheric wind.
The cup anemometer, for example, measures the velocity in a plane perpendicular to the axis of its rotation cups. If the cup anemometer is mounted with the shaft perpendicular to the horizontal, it will measure only the component of the wind that is parallel to the ground. Other anemometers, such as the pitot-static tube, are used with the tip aligned with the total velocity vector.
Before using an anemometer, it is important to determine how it should be positioned and what component of the total velocity its measurement represents. The cup, pitot-static tube and thermal versions are mostly used to measure the mean velocity, while the hot-wire, laser doppler and sonic are usually used when turbulence characteristics are being measured.
Anemometers are used in HVAC systems, airfields, athletic events, motorsports to name a few.
Need more information on anemometers contact us and we will be happy to help.
- Chauvin Arnoux CA1227 Thermo-Anemometer£512.40 £427.00Quickview
- Fluke 922 Airflow MeterAs low as £842.40 £702.00Quickview
- Testo 410-1 Vane Anemometer£104.40 £87.00Quickview
- Testo 416 Compact 16 mm Vane Anemometer£450.00 £375.00Quickview
- Testo 417 Compact 100 mm Vane Anemometer£324.00 £270.00Quickview
- Testo 425 Compact Hot Wire Anemometer£418.80 £349.00Quickview